Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) is a federal grant program that enables HCC to support Pell-eligible student parents through awarding weekly child care stipends to students' child care providers.
- Apply for the HCC CCAMPIS Child Care Stipend
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible to participate in the CCAMPIS Child Care Stipend Program, the student must:
- Be actively enrolled in at least 3 credits at Hagerstown Community College
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Have a child(ren) enrolled or have applied for enrollment at an HCC-approved, nationally-accredited child care provider
- Have completed the FAFSA for the current academic year
- Be eligible to receive and/or is receiving a Pell Grant
- Intend to graduate from HCC within 1-3 years of application date
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, students accepted into the CCAMPIS Child Care Stipend Program must agree to:
- Meet with the CCAMPIS advisor at least twice per each semester student receives CCAMPIS stipends to review degree plan
- Participate in at least one CCAMPIS workshop per each semester student receives CCAMPIS stipends
- Notify the CCAMPIS advisor within two weeks of any changes to the amount of child care stipends the student is receiving aside from those provided through CCAMPIS
Important: Eligibility does not guarantee admission to the program. The CCAMPIS Grant Advisor reserves the right to determine admission based on a comprehensive review of eligibility, academic need, preferred qualifications, and current openings in the program. If accepted to receive stipends, parents will be financially responsible for any remaining child care costs after the stipends are applied.
Approved Child Care Providers
Providers must enter into a contract with HCC before receiving CCAMPIS stipends. The following are basic eligibility criteria for providers to contract with HCC for CCAMPIS purposes. Provider must be:
- Nationally accredited OR
- In the process of pursuing national accreditation by October 1, 2021 (documentation of progress towards national accreditation must be provided)
Meeting these criteria does not guarantee provider eligibility. All providers must receive final approval from the CCAMPIS Advisor. Please contact the CCAMPIS Advisor with all questions pertaining to provider eligibility.