Over half of students starting at a four-year college will not complete their education at the same college; some never complete a college degree. HCC’s Take2! program is designed to help Washington County and neighbor-state residents in bordering Pennsylvania and West Virginia counties turn their college credits into an associate degree.
HCC’s Pledge to Take2! Participants:
- Ongoing guidance for degree completion within one year at no tuition/fee cost to students or their families
- Guidance for transfer to a four-year college and/or into the workforce
- Reduce student loan debt while completing an associate degree
- Monthly communication with a Take2! mentor
- Must have attended a four-year accredited college
- Earned minimum of 24 college-level credits from a four-year or four- and two-year accredited college(s) with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0; preference given to students with higher GPAs
- Submission of official transcripts from all accredited four-year colleges attended
- Commitment to complete associate requirements in one year or three consecutive semesters
- Completion of current year FAFSA and an Expected Family Contribution of $15,000 or less
- Agreement to use federal and state grant and scholarship aid before Take2! funding. (last dollar) For example, if a student’s Pell Grant covers tuition and fees, then a student would not be eligible for a Take2! Scholarship.
- Must reside in Washington County, MD, Franklin County, PA, Fulton County, PA, Berkeley County, WV, Jefferson County, WV, Morgan County, WV, or Loudon County, VA
- Demonstrated ability and motivation to complete an HCC associate program in one year (or three consecutive semesters)
- No prior college degree completion
- Complete a degree plan with HCC’s Coordinator of Academic Advising & Transfer Services prior to the start of classes
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA for each semester of study at HCC
- Maintain good academic and behavioral conduct standing
- Maintain monthly communication with Take2! mentor
- Permit HCC to use your story for recruitment purposes
- Priority Consideration: One month prior to the start of each semester
- Applicants will be notified of program acceptance typically within one month of receipt of all required materials: program application, official transcripts, and FAFSA
Note: Exceptions to Take2! deadlines, eligibility and program requirements may be made by the HCC Take2! Review Committee on individual basis and with the support of the retention staff.
The Take 2! program is generously funded by the Hagerstown Community College Foundation