Student Email Upgrade 2013
HCC student email accounts are currently being updated to include Microsoft Office 365, which, in addition to Microsoft Office access, allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates, and share and edit documents from your phone, PC, or Mac.
Your account will likely be upgraded to Microsoft Office 365 between Mon., August 5 and Fri., Aug. 9. You should still be able to access your account and send and receive email. If you cannot access your email account during this time, please wait 24 hours and then re-check it. If you still cannot access your account, please contact the Student Help Desk at 240-500-2891. Help Desk hours are Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This upgrade will not affect your ability to log-in to the network, Moodle, Portal or WebAdvisor.
What does this mean for you?
After the upgrade, you will have two separate accounts with the same user name and password that you use to access Live@edu.
- Office 365 account. This account gives you access to your school email. Hagerstown Community College administers this account. Access your email and calendar at https://www.outlook.com/student.hagerstowncc.edu
- Personal Microsoft account. This personal account will give you access to all your existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services. Note that Hagerstown Community College no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you. Use https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx to reset the password for your personal account after the upgrade. Access your Personal Microsoft account by visiting: https://skydrive.live.com
What should you expect?
- Email. We will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email, but you will sign in at a different website.
- File sharing. We will use Microsoft SharePoint Online for sharing files and Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents.
- Instant messaging and online meetings. We will use Microsoft Lync Online for both instant messaging and online meetings.
What do you need to do?
Complete the following steps:
- If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or 7, upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
- If you use Outlook to read your email and you are using Microsoft Office 2003, upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
- Access your email and calendar at https://www.outlook.com/student.hagerstowncc.edu
- Sign into SkyDrive at https://skydrive.live.com
- For more information about the upgrade, see the Checklist for Users .
- If you have questions or need help, please contact the HCC Student Help Desk at 240-500-2891