Flower & GArden Seminars 2013
The Hagerstown Community College Alumni Association recently announced its seminar schedule for the 19th Annual Flower & Garden Show, which will be held on Sat., March 16, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sun., March 17, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the ARCC.
Demonstrations will be held both days. Saturday seminars include:
- 10 a.m. – “Explaining the Processes and Benefits of Decorative Concrete Edging” with Robert Warner, Warner’s Curb Appeal
- 11 a.m. – “Feng Shui in the Garden” with Jodi Spickler, Home Staging by Jodi
- 12 noon – “Herbs for Use and Delight” with Madeline Wadja, Willow Pond Farm and Herb Society of America
- 1 p.m. – “Defending the Garden Against Wildlife” with Paul McMichael, Garden Commander
- 2 p.m. – “Vegetable Gardening For Beginners: The Square Foot Method” with Chuck Koeneke, Washington County master gardener
- 3 p.m. – “Birds, Nesting Boxes, and Feeders” with Fred Turner, Owner, Bird Condos
Sunday seminars include:
- 11 a.m. – “Becoming Bay-Wise: Creating Healthy Sustainable Gardens” with Annette Ipsan, University of Maryland Extension – Washington County
- 12 noon – “Native Plants for Home Landscape” with Christine Price-Abelow, of Smithsonian Gardens and the National Museum of the American Indian
- 1 p.m. – “Garden Photography: Tips and Tricks” with Craig Camp, Washington County master gardener
- 2 p.m. – “The Importance of Incorporating Landscapes in Your Garden and Outdoor Spaces” with Michelle Liefke, Mountain View Solar
For information about the Flower and Garden Show, contact Lisa Stewart at 240-500-2346, or email email@example.com .