Flower and Garden Seminars
The Hagerstown Community College Alumni Association recently announced its seminar schedule for the HCC Alumni Association’s 17th Annual Flower & Garden Show to be held on Sat., March 12, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sun., March 13, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the ARCC.
Demonstrations will be held throughout both days. In addition, Saturday’s seminars are:
- 10 a.m. – “Landscaping 2011 – Modern Day Materials and Ideology,” with Jason Swope, Landscape Management Solutions
- 11 a.m. – “Control Those Weeds,” with Gary Fulmer, Washington County master gardener
- 12 noon – “No Farms, No Food! Support Local/Eat Fresh/Buy Local,” with Leslie Hart, Agricultural Marketing Washington County
- 1 p.m. – “Features and Benefits to Look For When Selecting Bird Houses and Feeders,” with Fred Turner, Bird Condos
- 2 p.m. – “Put Your Garden In Your Teacup,” with Judy Larkin, Larkin Tea Company, LLC
- 3 p.m. – “Creating a Wildlife Friendly Garden,” with Annette Ipsan, horticulture educator, University of Maryland
Sunday’s seminars are:
- 11:30 a.m. – “When Life Gives You Lemon Herbs…,” with Madeline Wadja, Willow Pond Farm Herbs and Everlastings
- 12:30 p.m. – “Empowering Women With Power Tools,” with Pam Meredith, Habitat for Humanity of Washington County
- 1:30 p.m. – “The Right Plant, The Right Place,” with Ben Buchman, Maryland Regional Landscaping
- 2:30 p.m. – “Handmade Herbal Soup and Natural Body Care Products,” with Joan Taylor, Cedar Ridge Soaps
For information about the flower and garden show, contact Lisa Stewart at 301-790-2800, ext. 346, or via e-mail at email@example.com .