- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
Financial Aid Tips for HCC students
Submitted by Leigh-Anne M. Law... on Mon, 11/11/2013 - 11:05am
Helpful Tips about Financial Aid
Scholarships are money that does not have to be paid back. They are often awarded based on merit, skill, or a unique characteristic. Some scholarships are also awarded based on membership in various organizations. Little scholarships add up, so you're encouraged to apply for more than one.
If you have not already applied for a Foundation Scholarship, you have until December 6, 2013. The application is available here: www.hagerstowncc.edu/alumni-friends/hcc-foundation/scholarship-application. Completion of a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to be considered for any foundation scholarship. You can complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov if you have not filed a 2013-2014 application yet.
Be sure to check out HCC’s Scholarships page for community scholarships, state scholarships, and other HCC scholarship opportunities:
Here are some other helpful sites that provide scholarship information:
• www.finaid.org - provides you with interesting points pertaining to education opportunities, including a free on-line scholarship searches.
• www.scholarshiphelp.org - offers information about scholarship access and the necessary requirements for achieving maximum financial aid.
• www.fastweb.com – has a national scholarship database with an easy-to-use on-line search.
• www.kaarme.com - is a good site for scholarship information.
Want to learn about other scholarship opportunities? View the “Scholarships” video on Financial Aid TV at www.hagerstowncc.edu/financial-aid/tv.