- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
"Doctor Wars" fundraiser now through Oct. 20
Submitted by Leigh-Anne Mauk on Thu, 10/06/2011 - 12:02pm
To raise money for breast cancer awareness, the HCC Science Department is holding a "Doctor Wars" contest. The faculty member who receives the most donations and raises the most money will wear pink clothes and a pink wig for an entire day.
Participating faculty members are:
- Dr. Elaine Ashby, professor, biology and chemistry and coordinator, pharmacy technician program
- Dr. Cindy Dove, associate professor, anatomy and physiology/microbiology
- Dr. Alicia Manfre, instructor and program coordinator, biotechnology
- Dr. Bernie Murphy, associate professor, biology and chemistry
- Dr. Nancy Thorpe, associate professor, chemistry
See photos of the participating faculty members on Facebook.
Students and staff can donate online through the Breast Cancer Awareness - Cumberland Valley Web site or in-person at the Science Learning Center located in the Science Building, room 118. Donations will be accepted now through Oct. 20.
The fundraiser will culminate with the annual BCA-CV Step N’ Stride on Sat., Oct. 22 in the ARCC. For more information, visit www.bcacv.org.
Update: As of Oct. 14, $150 has been raised for breast cancer awareness. Donations will be accepted now through Oct. 20!