- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
Regents scholarships available through HCC
Submitted by Leigh-Anne Mauk on Wed, 04/13/2011 - 1:29pm
Students at Hagerstown Community College are eligible to apply for a variety of Regents Scholarships that are currently available for the 2011-2012 academic year.
Available Regents Scholarships include the Kelly Scholarship, which requires that students earn a minimum 3.8 GPA, complete a minimum of 56 credits, demonstrate financial need, and pursue a major that leads them to a bachelor’s degree at any USM institution; the Kelly at Hagerstown Scholarship, which has the same requirements as the standard Kelly Scholarship, but requires students to pursue their bachelor’s degree at the USM-Hagerstown Center; the Part-Time Weinberg Scholarship, which requires students to earn a 4.0 GPA, complete their associate’s degree, and pursue a major that leads them to a bachelor’s degree at any USM institution on a part-time basis; the Shipley Scholarship, which requires that students earn a minimum 4.0 GPA, complete their associate’s degree, and pursue a major that leads to a bachelor’s degree at any USM institution; and the Tyser Scholarship, which requires that students earn a minimum 3.8 GPA, complete a minimum of 56 credits, and pursue a major within the Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, College Park campus.
In order to apply for any of the Regents Scholarships, the following documentation is required:
- Nomination letter from the HCC president
- Scholarship application
- Personal statement of the student’s educational and career goals
- Official copy of the student’s HCC transcript Unofficial copies or grade slips from all other colleges and universities attended
- Resume or listing of the student’s extracurricular and community activities
- Evidence of the student’s scholarly and creative activities. Limit of two items. Items can include copies of research papers, published material, honors, awards, etc.
- One or two letters of recommendation from faculty or staff members at HCC
Application deadline is May 13, 2011. Applications can be picked up at the Student Financial Aid Office in the Administration and Student Affairs (ASA) Building on HCC's main campus. Please note that preference will be give to Maryland residents during the scholarship selection process. Students are required to submit a FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid) in order to be considered for any of the Kelly Regents Scholarships.
For more information or to receive an application, contact Student Financial Aid Counselor Britney Carter at email@example.com.