- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
HCC expands non-credit language offerings
Submitted by Leigh-Anne Mauk on Tue, 04/05/2011 - 8:15am
Hagerstown Community College’s Continuing Education and Community Services Division is now offering a variety of non-credit language courses geared towards those planning a trip to a foreign country, trying to brush up on older language skills, or improve language skills for the workplace.
Courses are now offered in a variety of languages including Spanish, French, German, and Russian. General beginning level courses are offered in all four languages and specific trip-oriented courses to Italy, Latin America, and France are also available. New courses this spring include:
- “Spanish Crash Course,” which will be offered on Wednesdays, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. beginning April 20 and ending May 18. This course will provide students with basic Spanish phrases and pronunciations geared towards travel in a Spanish-speaking country. Cost is $74.
- “Italian Crash Course,” which will be offered on Thursdays, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. beginning April 21 and ending May 19. This course will teach students Italian pronunciation in addition to commonly used phrases and greetings needed for travel in Italy. Cost is $74.
- “Planning a Trip to France,” which will be offered on Wednesdays, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. beginning April 27 and ending May 18. This course will teach students useful vocabulary and pronunciation geared towards travel in a French-speaking country. Cost is $108.
- “Spanish for Banking,” which will be offered on Fridays, from 10 a.m. to12 noon beginning April 29 and ending May 20. This course will teach Spanish phrases regarding clients, dollar amounts, dates, currency, identification, and basic information for the banking professional. Cost is $104.
- “Spanish for Missions,” a one-day workshop which will be offered on Sat., May 7, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. This course will provide students with the everyday Spanish they need for volunteer and mission work in Spanish-speaking countries. Cost is $39.
All classes will be held at HCC’s Valley Mall Center. No prior knowledge of either language is required to take these classes. For more information or to register, call 301-790-2800, ext. 236, or go to www.hagerstowncc.edu/coned/areas/languages.