- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
Submitted by Stephen J. Recker on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 11:31am
Adjunct faculty are part-time, temporary employees who are hired on a semester basis to teach up to twelve credits, based on the needs each semester by each academic division. Adjunct applications are continually accepted for all of the academic divisions.
The following divisions have adjunct positions available for the Fall 2013 semester:
Continuing Education Division
- HVAC Instructor: This contractual position will provide vocational instruction in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) theory and practical application to incarcerated adults in order to enhance employment opportunities. Some college required and experience in the HVAC field; experience teaching adults; and Industry Certification preferred.
Developmental Education & Adult Literacy Services Division
- For Spring 2014 Semester: Need adjuncts with strong math skills in algebra and geometry along with competency in English grammar and writing. Experience working with middle/high-school students and/or adult education is preferred. Availability during daytime hours preferred.
Health Sciences Division
- Dental Assisting Instructor - Under the direction of the Dental Program Coordinator, this position will instruct students enrolled in dental assisting courses. Certification as a Dental Assistant required. Previous experience managing dental laboratories for dental practice preferred. Experience teaching Dental Assisting courses with Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Dental Hygiene Program Instructor - Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, this position will supervise, instruct, and evaluate both first year and second year students in the clinical component of the Dental Hygiene Program. Must be a graduate of an accredited dental or dental hygiene school through the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). Must have a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of two years of current dental hygiene experience. Must be licensed or eligible for licensure from the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners. Courses in teaching methodology, evaluation and assessment required.
- Dentist/Instructor for Dental Hygiene Program - This position is responsible for assisting in the instruction of first-year and second-year dental hygiene students during clinical sessions; responsible for verification of patient treatment needs including radiographic interpretation, evaluation and prescription of medicaments to patients, and monitor the administration of dental radiographs. Must be a current Maryland licensed dentist or eligible for license in Maryland, D.D.S. or D.M.D. required, five or more years of work experience in clinical practice as a dentist. Teaching experience preferred with a background in education theory and practice, concept knowledge relative to subjects teaching.
- Emergency Services Instructor: Will work under the direction of the Program Coordinator and the Director of Health Sciences. This position will supervise, instruct and evaluate both first and second year students in the didactic and lab compenents of the Emergency Medical Services Program. Bachelor's degree preferred but a minimum of an Associate's degree in a related field with 3 years college-level teaching or equivalent experience required. Knowledge of Maryland Medical Protocols of Emergency is required. National Registry EMT-Paramedic Certification and certified or eligible for certification as a Maryland Paramedic Certification in ACLS, PALS, and BTLS-Advanced required. The abiilty to instruct American Heart Association and Basic Trauma Life Support courses preferred.
- Medical Assisting Instructor - Will work under the direction of the Medical Program Coordinator and will instruct students enrolled in medical assisting courses. Certification as a Medical Assistant preferred. Previous experience managing medical practices or experience working as a medical assistant for 3 years or more. Experience teaching Medical Assisting courses with Bachelor's degree preferred.
- CNA/GNA Clinical Instructors for theory, lab and clinical areas - Fall semester, daytime hours. Requirements include a current RN with a minimum of 1 full year working with geriatric/chronically ill; proof of completion of a Board of Nursing approved Principles of Adult Education for CNA course; current American Heart Association Health Care Provider card; current negative PPD; willingness to mentor and teach; modeling of professional behavior, policies and procedures of HCC, Nursing Division and Program; ability to communicate face-to-face professionally, with adult learners and via electronic devices; detail oriented; complete required Program paperwork; plan and coordinate assignments, provide guidance, and evaluate performance; and attend minimal faculty meetings (1-2/year)
- Fundamental Nursing - Fall semester, Thursday and Friday from 6am-12 noon for 10 weeks. Must have BSN in nursing; MSN preferred.
- Med-Surg Clinicals Instructor - Must have a strong Med-Surg clinical experience and have a Masters degree in Nursing.
- Practical Nursing - Fall semester, Tuesday/Wednesday 6:30am-12pm; MSN preferred.
Technology and Computer Studies Division
- Truck Driving Instructors (Weekday & Weekends) - requires Class A CDL without airbrakes or fifth wheel restrictions, current DOT physical, five years safe class A driving experience, able to perform and evaluate proper driving and inspection techniques, comfortable teaching in a classroom environment, flexibility to accomodate varying work schedules.