- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
HCC features four dedicated nursing simulation laboratories.
All labs are housed in HCC's Career Programs Building (CPB). The labs themselves measure approximately 1,375 sq. ft. and can seat between 20 and 25 students. Each lab contains the following:
- Bed spaces designed to mimic an acute care setting
- Headwalls that contain functional oxygen and suction equipment
- Medication carts, isolation carts, radiograph viewing boxes
- Hospira IV pumps
- Maxi Move Lift
- Hill-Rom Latitude Arm System
- Drager Babytherm Warming System
- Laerdal Virtual IV Trainers
- Screenflext Movable Room Divider
- B-Line video system used for recording, playback, and debriefing
- Eiki projectors and computer/printer units
A simulation control room between the labs allows faculty and staff to monitor the simulation scenarios.
HCC's simulation labs also feature a number of manikins including:
- One Gaumard Noelle Birthing Simulator
- Two Laerdal Sim Man 2Gs
- One Laerdal Sim Essentials
- One Laerdal Sim Jr.
- Two Laerdal Baby Hals
- Eighteen Laerdal Vital Sims
Maryland Community College Simulation Users Network (MCCSUN)
MCCSUN is a strong collaborative partnership of nursing and healthcare related faculty and staff members from community colleges across the state of Maryland, providing innovative educational opportunities and resources to promote the use of simulation in academia for the advancement of healthcare education in Maryland.
Learn more about MCCSUN at www.mccsun.org.